Sunday, May 25, 2014

Find a memorial

I was wondering if the city ever completed its inventory of its war memorials.

It turns out it did. See the City of Pittsburgh Preliminary War Monument Inventory, ver 1.0. Should give everyone plenty of choices for places to visit tomorrow. Maybe it exists and I can't find it, but this really needs a interactive map.

But check out page 52 (per the PDF numbering) of a missing monument once located in Four Mile Run, a section of Greenfield. A mystery? Would anyone have really disposed of it?

I am impressed at the detail of the list, but I suspect there are a few memorials yet to be included. So just some to add for ver. 2.0. For example I don't see any listings for what I think are several memorials within Allegheny Cemetery, where the Lawrenceville Memorial Day Parade ends tomorrow. See you there.


Anonymous MH said...

Maybe they had to move it to build the parkway?

Monday, May 26, 2014 4:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home